Open position at CushCore: Sales & Customer Service
CushCore is searching for a Sales & Customer Service Associate to assist with sales to bicycle dealers and distributors in the US and internationally. This position includes both inside and outside sales, servicing existing customers as well as generating new sales opportunities. Successful candidates should have 2 years of bicycle industry experience and preferably 1 year of B2B sales experience. This position is based in Bend, OR.
Job Description & Requirements
As the originator and leader in performance tire inserts, Bend Oregon based CushCore is experiencing strong growth and is searching for an experienced and motivated Sales and Customer Service Associate. This position is responsible for supporting existing dealers and distributors, generating leads, advancing the sales process, closing new business and assisting in the achievement of CushCore Sales goals. The Sales and Customer Service Associate will conduct research to identify leads and reach business targets through telephone, email, messenger programs and occasionally in person at tradeshows and other events. The position may also include coordinating marketing initiatives, events, clinics, and installation demos.
- Create and nurture strong customer relationships over the phone, through email, Skype and other messenger programs, and occasionally face to face.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations and recommend specific products and solutions.
- Analyze territories and develop sales strategies to meet territory goals. Gather feedback about the market and distributor feedback on CushCore and sales trends.
- Work with customers to order needed products and enter new orders into the system.
- Work closely with Shipping Manager to organize and optimize shipments for transport.
- Organize and maintain detailed customer contact notes.
- Develop follow up and call back schedule with customers.
- Increase sales and order size through up-selling, order optimization and cross-selling.
- Educate customers on product terminology and technical information as well as the features and benefits of CushCore Products.
- Maintain up-to-date bicycle product knowledge.
- Attend trade shows and events in a sales and technical capacity.
- Schedule and conduct technical clinics with key distributor accounts.
- Assist in developing and implementing territory specific marketing programs.
- 2+ years prior sales experience within the bicycle industry.
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university preferred.
- Candidate should thrive in a fast paced, rapidly growing and constantly changing environment, typical of a small and rapidly growing company.
- Excellent writing, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong familiarity with mountain biking and reasonable cycling technical knowledge.
- Valid drivers license and a clean driving record.
- Available to work 40+ hours per week.
- Willing to travel up to 10%-20% of the time.
About CushCore / Kreft Moto
CushCore is based in the beautiful city of Bend Oregon. Bend is a small city on the Deschutes River in close proximity to the lakes and peaks of the Cascade Mountains. Bend is also home to hundreds of miles of mountain bike and dirt bike trails.
CushCore® (Patened) was founded in 2014 and launched its first product in 2017. CushCore is an engineered foam insert that mounts inside a mountain bike tire. It divides the inside of the tire in half with air directly underneath the tread, and the CushCore insert next to the rim. They work together as a spring and damper – In other words an Inner-Tire Suspension System®.
Sister company Kreft Moto, founded in 2011, is a suspension tuning company specializing in KTM and Husqvarna motorcycles. It operates out of the same 6,300 ft2 facility with CushCore. Kreft Moto uses a scientific approach to tuning and the latest development technology to re-engineer, upgrade, and customize suspension performance to the individual customer.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Dan Hallada – firstname.lastname@example.org